BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 17, 2013

Preparing for a seperation from our child....some of my tips.

Last month we went to Germany for almost two weeks and Quinn (4) stayed stateside with (the worlds' awesomest) grandparents.  Thanks again to them!  Anyhow, I tried to think of some simple but meaningful ways to make the seperation easier on her, and I'll share a few on this blog.

The first thing I did was we wrote her a note for every day we were apart.  I put them in this big felt envelope. 

Matt and I each wrote half the cards (and Beck "wrote" one of them, too).  We wrote all her different nicknames on the front of them and added illustrations, too.  Her Grandmas helped her open one card each day.   
 

She still has all her cards in her room and looks through them often.  I also put a family picture of all of us in the envelope for her to have while we were away. 

Her grandparents said she loved opening her cards and revisited them often during the day.  They felt like it was a good tool to help her connect to us while we were apart.  Of course you could do this even for a night away or a weekend away.
Once when we were in college I made a box of cards for Matt for an entire Christmas break....Whewww!   
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: