BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Friday, May 7, 2010

Muffin-Tin Crayon Fun

Today we were both feeling a little under the weather and allergies are keeping us indoors. So....what would make us feel better?
Of course, an ART project!
We got out the chunky heart crayons I made in February. I was reminded how great they are for little toddler hands. She had so much fun rubbing them against the paper in different ways to make different marks. She also wanted me to write some letters--she dictates the names of family members and I write their first initial. I am starting out teaching Q the letter sounds and not the names, as the sounds are what she will need to know, and the names will come later on. So she says, "P-P-Papa!" and I write a P.
I like to tape the paper down so it doesn't move all over the place. My toddlers when I taught preschool learned how to operate the tape around the time they turned 2 years old and they would tape down their own papers! I will teach Q soon......

These chunky crayons could be made in any muffin tin. They'd be a great birthday gift for a toddler, too!!!!!
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: